Break the Bias
Break the Bias Program · Live Virtual / Face to Face Delivery
They and their companies spend time, money, and good intentions on efforts to build a more robust pipeline of upwardly mobile women, and then not much happens.
This program will help participants develop their skills around Breaking the Bias to ensure they are equipped with the knowledge and skills to prepare for managing automatic associations feed into decision-making, enabling a quick assessment of an individual according to gender and gender stereotypes.
Program Learning Outcomes
Globally, women are underrepresented in corporations, and the share of women decreases with each step up the corporate hierarchy. Women encounter many barriers to advancement into corporate leadership positions, and these barriers include gender-based discrimination as well as unconscious gender bias.
Many companies have shown their commitment to gender equality by establishing family friendly policies and facilitating women’s careers and professional networks. Nevertheless, unconscious gender bias continues to impact women in the workplace, and more must be done to enable highly skilled women to advance into leadership positions.
On successful completion of the program participants will be able to understand and manage:
- Unconscious gender bias is defined as unintentional and automatic mental associations based on gender, stemming from traditions, norms, values, culture and/or experience.
- Automatic associations feed into decision-making, enabling a quick assessment of an individual according to gender and gender stereotypes.
- Organizations can take steps to counteract gender biases and other types of biases, thus the presence of unconscious gender bias in an individual does not automatically translate into biases in the workplace.
- Invisible barriers are holding women back, rather than overt sexism alone. Gender biases in the mindsets of managers can prevent women from advancing into leadership positions.
- Many companies have taken steps to facilitate women’s networking and career growth, but more can be done to identify and overcome unconscious gender bias to truly give women and men an equal chance to advance into leadership positions.
- In recent years women have gained significant ground in the world of work.
- They have entered many sectors and excelled in fields that were once the exclusive domain of men.
- Despite the progress that has been made toward gender equality, women are sometimes held back by company practices and structure that are biased toward men.
- This section provides an overview of human resources practices and other factors in which unconscious bias may hinder the career advancement of women.
Break the Bias Program is a targeted training initiative aimed at raising awareness about gender biases and promoting equality and inclusivity in various spheres of life. The program focuses on helping individuals recognize and challenge gender biases to create a more equitable society. Program Components:
Understanding Gender Bias: Participants are provided with a comprehensive understanding of gender biases and their pervasive influence on individuals and society. Through interactive sessions and case studies, participants gain insights into the different forms and manifestations of gender bias.
Unpacking Stereotypes and Preconceptions: The program delves into prevalent gender stereotypes and their impact on perceptions, expectations, and decision-making. Participants are encouraged to critically examine their own beliefs, assumptions, and biases surrounding gender roles and capabilities.
Recognizing and Addressing Implicit Bias: The program helps individuals identify and confront their implicit biases related to gender. Practical exercises and discussions facilitate the recognition of biases and provide strategies for mitigating their effects.
Fostering Gender-Inclusive Environments: The program emphasizes the importance of creating gender-inclusive environments in workplaces, educational institutions, and communities. Participants learn strategies for promoting diversity, challenging discriminatory practices, and fostering equal opportunities.
Empowering Gender Equality Advocacy: The program equips participants with the knowledge and tools to become advocates for gender equality. Through education and awareness-building, individuals learn how to actively challenge biases, support gender-balanced initiatives, and drive positive change.
Allyship and Collaboration: The program emphasizes the role of allies in combating gender bias. Participants learn how to be effective allies by actively listening, amplifying marginalized voices, and promoting inclusive practices.
Application and Sustainable Change: The program encourages participants to apply their learnings in their personal and professional lives. Ongoing support, resources, and networking opportunities are provided to facilitate sustained efforts in breaking gender biases.
The Break the Gender Bias Program empowers individuals to recognize and challenge gender biases in order to create a more equitable and inclusive society. By fostering awareness, providing strategies, and promoting allyship, the program aims to dismantle barriers and create equal opportunities for all genders.
Program Duration & Costs
- Webinar – 60-90 Mins
- Short Program – 2.0 Hours of delivery
- Long Program – 4.0 Hours of delivery