Diversity Australia has delivered many hundreds of educational sessions to pre-eminent organizations around the world. Awareness education is the foundation for any kind of transformation to occur. We believe that education is the foundation, organisations must also launch strategic communications and explore structures and systems that keep culture locked in place for lasting change to occur. The core objectives in our work on “unconscious bias” are to get participants to do the following:
- Examine their own background and identities, so that they can interact more authentically with co-workers, customers and the community.
- Explore how the brain functions, so that they can recognize unconscious bias as a natural function of the human mind.
- Expose patterns of unconscious bias so that they can navigate their impact on their decision-making processes.
- Confront their own internal biases so that they can practice conscious awareness in their lives.
- Identify organizational leverage points so that they can mitigate the impact of unconscious bias in interactions, processes and structures.
- Practice strategies and tools so that they can create transformational systemic change in their organization.