The effectiveness of diversity and inclusion councils varies considerably from organisation to organization, and there is no consistent approach to making them work. The effective use and application of a diversity council strategy is one of the critical challenges and opportunities facing organisations. Understanding the business impact of D&I Strategy and creating a plan to implement goals created from the D&I Council are the most effective and evolving the organisation focus.
- Learn how to position your diversity and inclusion council for success
- Understand the best practices in diversity and inclusion formation, operation and impact
- Identify the competencies needed for diversity and inclusion members to impact effectiveness
- Identify appropriate diversity and inclusion councils for your organisation
- Create a mission and goals for your diversity and inclusion council
Approach and Features
Participants apply learnings and gain best practices in council development and operation through this two-day workshop’s case study approach. Interwoven in this course are discussions around current topical issues facing different organisations who are at different levels of diversity and inclusion council progression.
- Forming effective diversity and inclusion councils
- Diversity and inclusion council membership: who to include and why
- Core competencies of effective diversity and inclusion councils
- A strategic approach to assessing membership in the long and short term
- Mission and goals of diversity and inclusion councils
- Setting expectations for diversity and inclusion council members
- Energising existing diversity and inclusion councils
- Enlisting the support of ERGs and the entire organisation
- Functioning as a productive member
- Setting expectations for diversity and inclusion councils
- Accountability for diversity and inclusion councils
- Training diversity and inclusion council members
- Charting the progress of dynamic councils
- The need for a strategic integrated approach to diversity and inclusion council formation and governance
Who Will Benefit
D&I professionals responsible for D&I Councils, members of diversity and inclusion councils; members of councils that are losing steam; EEO, diversity, and other HR specialists with diversity responsibility; diversity consultants; anyone who wants to know how to make councils work.